Hacking Course learn
6 courses to learn ethical hacking online
Ethical hacking is the process of attempting to penetrate computer systems and networks with the intention of locating weaknesses and vulnerabilities (real and potential) that could be exploited by malicious hackers. Any information uncovered is then used to improve the system’s security and plug loopholes. Sound interesting? Then an online ethical hacking course is for you.Hacking Course learn
Ethical hacking is sometimes referred to as penetration testing, intrusion testing, or red teaming. There are many types of hackers, and ethical hackers are usually referred to as white hat hackers. This skill is in high demand and a white hat hacking course can jumpstart your cybersecurity career.
A quick search will yield a ton of results for an ethical hacking course online, but they aren’t all worth your time. We reveal more about our favorite courses below, but if you’re in a rush, here are our top picks for the best ethical hacking courses:
- StationX – The Complete Ethical Hacking Course Bundle
- Udemy – Learn Ethical Hacking From Scratch
- Cybrary – The Art of Exploitation
- EH Academy – The Complete Cyber Security & Hacking Course
- Offensive Security – Metasploit Unleashed
- Coursera – Cryptography
We’ve included a range of course types in our list, but here are some things to think about when deciding on which one to try first:
- Don’t go in over your head. Some courses assume a certain level of background knowledge, while others are targeted at complete beginners. Choose a course that’s at the right level for you.
- Consider minimum requirements. Bear in mind that you’ll need specific software to follow some courses, so be prepared to gather some resources if needed.
- Look for special offers. Paid courses are often of higher quality, but they can get pricey. However, many companies run special offers so you end up paying very little for a superior-quality course.
- Watch out for scammers. Unethical hackers prey on amateurs, so be careful you don’t sign up with unethical hackers who promise to teach you the ropes.
See also: Best cyber security courses for beginners
Best ethical hacking courses available online
Here is our list of the best ethical hacking courses:
1. StationX – The Complete Ethical Hacking Course Bundle (Paid – Beginner)
StationX’s The Complete Ethical Hacking Course Bundle is our top choice for the best ethical hacking course and is really the gold standard for white hat hacker training. This comprehensive course was developed with beginners in mind and contains everything you need to know about ethical hacking and how to secure systems against attacks.
It starts with basic terminology and shows you how to install the required software, and how to set up a penetration testing lab. Aside from ethical hacking and penetration testing, you’ll also learn about hacking and testing for websites and networks, social engineering, and using Android for testing computer system security.
Your instructor throughout is computer scientist and ethical hacker Zaid Al Quraishi.
This bundle usually costs $500 but Comparitech readers save 87% and benefit from five courses for just $119.
Courses in bundle:
- Ethical hacking from scratch
- Website hacking from scratch
- Network hacking from scratch
- Social engineering from scratch
- Hacking using Android
- Basic IT skills
- Wireless adapter